Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Droppin' knees, or Blogs for Dogs

Well, time flies when you're not wasting away in the city. My lack of updates for the past month or so was mostly rooted in the fact that when I'm in Vermont I do what I want, which is mostly telemark apparently.

So I spent the past 3 1/2 weeks making a valiant summit bid on the telemark skiing learning curve. Armed with a pair of black diamond Ethics, Rottefella Cobra R8's, and 3 buckle Scarpa T1's I put in at least 15 days quad busting glory at Sugarbush in Warren, VT. I learned a lot. For instance, anyone who sees you getting on the lift with tele gear instantly thinks you're badass and requests a condition update on the closest double black. Second, I never really appreciated releaseable bindings until my third or fourth 40-foot-slide-down-the-mountain-back-ski-cutting-up-the-inside-of-my-leg crash. And third, I am completely and utterly addicted to this sport. When you finally find that balance in your turns, it becomes a dance.

Ok. So tele is great... But whats better? Well, I can think of one thing...

Today Sarah and I took a trip up to Maine to meet 11 beautiful Australian Shepherd Puppies. Looks like we've got a new member of the family coming on Saturday! Say hello to either Daphne or Daisy! Thoughts on the name choice totally welcome!


No comments: