Tuesday, March 18, 2008

It has been a week

I awoke with a start last Tuesday morning at around 4:00 am, convinced Sarah had shaken me awake. As I rolled over to see what the deal was I realized that Sarah was out of town - I was alone. Strange, I thought, that I could've sworn someone was there.

I rolled back over, and just as my eyes closed the phone rang. Normally I don't keep my cell phone in the bedroom, but for some reason tonight I was compelled to. It was my Aunt Karen.

"Jordan...Your Dad is Gone."


After a valiant two year fight with lung cancer, my father has passed away. I'm left now with the memory of his sheer strength, his kindness and the memories that shaped who I am. He brought me to the outdoors, gave me a true appreciation for the serenity of nature, and inspired me to weather even the darkest storms.

No comments: